Joining the club
While actually joining the Brazos Valley Beekeepers is not a requirement for attending the meetings with the monthly educational programs, there are some benefits that come with a club membership:
- Voting privileges.
Our officer elections are held at the December meeting / Christmas party every year. A club membership gives you a vote in deciding who will run the club. In addition, we do occasionally have things to bring to the club requiring a vote from the entire club.
- Being eligible to be a club officer.
Yes, I know - we usually have to twist arms to get people to agree to be on the Board of Directors. But there is a sense of "ownership" when your voice is helping to direct the club.
- Use of the club equipment (such as the extractor).
- Participation in the "members-only" club Facebook page.
- Ability to be added to the "BCS-BeeRemoval" email list. This is the primary contact for people who are reporting both swarms as well as established colonies that need to be removed.
Memberships in the club cost $25 per family per year ("year" runs Jan 1 through Dec 31). If you are a NEW member and are joining after July 1, the dues are $37.50 which will cover both the remainder of the current year as well as all of the next year. Joining the club requires 2 things: filling out the Membership Application & paying the dues. You may bring the application form & dues to a club meeting or you can fill out the form below and pay via PayPal.
If you want to do everything online, you need to do BOTH
- fill out the online form then hit the "send" button
- pay the dues by picking the correct amount in the panel on the left, then click on the "Add to Cart" button