2023 Fall Beekeeping School
- Date: Saturday, September 9.
Check-in will begin at 7am.
- Location: First Baptist Church Bryan
3100 Cambridge Dr, Bryan, TX 77802
- Cost: to be determined
Lunch is included in your registration.
- Online registration will open ~July 15!!
- The Class Schedule (a .pdf best printed on legal size paper) and Class descriptions will be posted online as they become available.
Some special items of interest for this year's Bee School are:
- We will again take pre-orders for people to purchase their hive kit from Mann Lake (item # KD-100), to be delivered and picked up at the bee school. Then the "Hive Body & Frame Building" class will help you put your own boxes and frames together on the spot. We'll have tools and helpers available to help you get it done. We are still working with Mann Lake to figure out exactly what the price will be, but you can rest assured it will be significantly lower than the catalog price. A slight change to the pre-ordering of boxes from previous years is that we will let you designate how you want your box at the bee school. Your options will be
- Unassembled, in the original packing
- We help you build your box & frames (teaching you how to do it)
- We assemble your box and frames for you, and you pick it up already done ($10 extra fee for this)
The deadline for ordering the these hive kits is Fri, Sept 1.
- For those companies that are MAJOR DONORS ($500 or more) of the Youth Program, we will include a link to their website on the registration page where you can purchase products from them at a discount price (using the coupon code "Beeschool").
- You will be able to buy your raffle tickets in advance, as well as in the Raffle area. We are dividing the raffle into 2 groups: "Regular items" for donations where the value of the raffle item is under $200, and "Big Ticket Raffle" for items that have a higher value. As soon as we have a good list of the raffle items, we will give a list of at least some of them at the bottom of the Frequently Asked Questions page. The drawing will be held at 3:00pm; you will need to be able to pick up your winning prizes in person as we will not "ship" prizes.
- At least one of the "big ticket" donated items will be used as a "free raffle" for turning in your survey forms at the end of the day. This prize is a $400+ value. You do NOT need to be present to win this item - we will contact the winner.
- We are very pleased with the awesome list of vendors who are coming to make their products available to you at the school. Many of them are offering their products at reduced prices, and most donate items to the Raffle. We will post a list of these vendors as soon as it can be fully verified.
- For people who may be coming into town and staying in a hotel, we will have a contracted hotel, which will give a discounted rate.
Other questions regarding our Fall Bee School can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Last, if you would like to join the Brazos Valley Beekeepers, here is our membership application page.
The bee school is a fund-raiser event with the proceeds used to support the Brazos Valley Youth Scholarship Program. The Youth Scholarship Program is a 501(c)3 charitable entity. The Brazos Valley Beekeepers would like to express our gratitude to the corporate sponsors who help support the youth program with their very generous donations.
106 N Main Street, Lafayette, GA 30728
15031 Camage Ave., Sonora, CA 95370
351 County Rd 6243
Dayton, TX 77535
14665 County Road 633
Blue Ridge, TX 75424
12979 Nutty Brown Rd
Austin, Texas 78737