2022 Fall Beekeeping School
- Date: Saturday, September 24.
Check-in will begin at 7am.
- Location: First Baptist Church Bryan
3100 Cambridge Dr, Bryan, TX 77802
- Cost: $70 individual / $125 couple; $15 kids (with parent or guardian)
Lunch (chicken fajitas) is included in your registration.
- Online registration is now open!!
- The Class Schedule (a .pdf best printed on legal size paper) and Class descriptions are now available.
Some special items of interest for this year's Bee School are:
- Beewaver in Navasota is holding their Infuzzed & Honey Cook-off event on the same day. We are coordinating with them to have our bee school classes finished up so that people can attend both events. The Infuzzed event is free; entering or being a "taste tester" for the Honey Cook-off is $30 (proceeds support Real Texas Honey). Because they will be teaching classes on Infusing Honey, Creamed Honey, & making products from bee's wax, we will not be scheduling those classes during our school. The schedule for the event at BeeWeaver is:
- 4pm-7pm Infuzzed & Honey Cook Off
- 5pm-7pm Cook Off Tasting
- 7pm-8pm Mead and Music and Winners!
- We will again take pre-orders for people to purchase their hive kit from Mann Lake (item # KD-100), to be delivered and picked up at the bee school. Then the "Hive Body & Frame Building" class will help you put your own boxes and frames together on the spot. We'll have tools and helpers available to help you get it done. We are still working with Mann Lake to figure out exactly what the price will be, but you can rest assured it will be significantly lower than the catalog price. A slight change to the pre-ordering of boxes from previous years is that we will let you designate how you want your box at the bee school. Your options will be
- Unassembled, in the original packing
- We help you build your box & frames (teaching you how to do it)
- We assemble your box and frames for you, and you pick it up already done ($10 extra fee for this)
The deadline for ordering the these hive kits is Fri, Sept 16.
- NEW this year for those companies that are MAJOR DONORS ($500 or more) of the Youth Program, we will include a link to their website on the registration page where you can purchase products from them at a discount price (using the coupon code "Beeschool").
- Based on feedback from previous years, we are changing how we do the Raffle Area. Now you can buy your raffle tickets in advance, as well as in the Raffle area. We are dividing the raffle into 2 groups: "Regular items" for donations where the value of the raffle item is under $200, and "Big Ticket Raffle" for items that have a higher value. As soon as we have a good list of the raffle items, we will give a list of at least some of them at the bottom of the Frequently Asked Questions page. The drawing will be held at 3:00pm; you will need to be able to pick up your winning prizes in person as we will not "ship" prizes.
- We also have a full hive kit, including your choice of a package or a Nuc (donated by R.Weaver in Navasota) which will be used as a "free raffle" for turning in your survey forms at the end of the day. This prize is a $400+ value. You do NOT need to be present to win this item - we will contact the winner.
- We are very pleased with the awesome list of vendors who are coming to make their products available to you at the school. Many of them are offering their products at reduced prices, and most donate items to the Raffle. We will post a list of these vendors as soon as it can be fully verified.
- For people who may be coming into town and staying in a hotel, we have contracted with Woodspring Suites to give us an "Event Discount". When booking your reservations, if you mention you are coming for the Beeschool, your rate will be $60 for a single or $70 for double occupancy ($10 off their normal rates). To book your reservation with them, call 979-485-9888 or email to CollgeStationGM@jpassetmanagement.com.
Other questions regarding our Fall Bee School can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Last, if you would like to join the Brazos Valley Beekeepers, here is our membership application page.
The bee school is a fund-raiser event with the proceeds used to support the Brazos Valley Youth Scholarship Program. The Youth Scholarship Program is a 501(c)3 charitable entity. The Brazos Valley Beekeepers would like to express our gratitude to the corporate sponsors who help support the youth program with their very generous donations.