2023 Fall Beekeeping School
- Date: Saturday, September 9.
Check-in will begin at 7am. Classes begin at 8am.
- Location: First Baptist Church Bryan
3100 Cambridge Dr, Bryan, TX 77802
- Cost: $80 for single ticket, $135 for couples, $15 for kids w/ adults.
Lunch (chicken & beef fajitas w/ all the fixin's) is included in your registration.
- Advance Online registration is now ended. We will take walk-up registration at the door.
- The Class Schedule and Class descriptions will be posted online as they become available.
Some special items of interest for this year's Bee School are:
- We will again take pre-orders for people to purchase their hive kit from Mann Lake (item # KD-100), to be delivered and picked up at the bee school. Then the "Hive Body & Frame Building" class will help you put your own boxes and frames together on the spot. We'll have tools and helpers available to help you get it done. We are offering these kits at $115 ea. A slight change to the pre-ordering of boxes from previous years is that we will let you designate how you want your box at the bee school. Your options will be
- Unassembled, in the original packing
- We help you build your box & frames (teaching you how to do it)
- We assemble your box and frames for you, and you pick it up already done ($10 extra fee for this)
The deadline for ordering these hive kits is Fri, Sept 1.
- We have event t-shirts as well as club hats available for sale. To order these, you need to visit the website https://bit.ly/beeschoolshirts.
The deadline for ordering these shirts & hats is 12:00 noon on Mon, Aug 28.
- Please take a look at our listing of Vendors who are major donors ($200 or more) of the Youth Program; we are providing a link to their website where you can purchase products from them at a discount price.
- You will be able to buy your raffle tickets in advance, as well as in the Raffle area. We are dividing the raffle into 2 groups: "Regular items" for donations where the value of the raffle item is under $200, and "Big Ticket Raffle" for items that have a higher value. As soon as we have a good list of the raffle items, we will give a list of at least some of them at the bottom of the Frequently Asked Questions page. The drawing will be held at 3:00pm; you will need to be able to pick up your winning prizes in person as we will not "ship" prizes.
- At least one of the "big ticket" donated items will be used as a "free raffle" for turning in your survey forms at the end of the day. This prize is a $400+ value. You do NOT need to be present to win this item - we will contact the winner.
- Note that this year we will do our "survey" online - we will have a QR CODE posted in the catalog and in the rooms so you can use your smartphone to fill out the survey. We will also have "helpers" in the lobby available if you need help. The end-of-day raffle will be drawn from the online survey responses.
- For people who may be coming into town and staying in a motel, we will have a contracted with 2 nearby motels, which will give a discounted rate. Note that this block of rooms will only be available until Friday, August 25. If you want one of these rooms, please make your reservation before then.
Other questions regarding our Fall Bee School can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Last, if you would like to join the Brazos Valley Beekeepers, here is our membership application page.
The bee school is a fund-raiser event with the proceeds used to support the Brazos Valley Youth Scholarship Program. The Youth Scholarship Program is a 501(c)3 charitable entity. The Brazos Valley Beekeepers would like to express our gratitude to the corporate sponsors who help support the youth program with their very generous donations.